Top Ten Celebrity Weddings of 2014
Dozens of high profile celebrities got married last year. While some have a higher profile than others though, all of last year’s weddings were beautiful in their own right. Still, celebrities have their status for a reason, so we’re bringing you the top 10 celebrity weddings that took place throughout the course of 2014.
10. Eddie Redmayne and Hannah BagshaweThe star from The Theory of Everything (a movie that came out a few short weeks ago) wed in a “winter wonderland” themed wedding that took place on December 15, 2014.9. Scarlett Johansson and Romain DauriacMany men will cry themselves to sleep now that Scarlett Johansson is off the market. Of course, the two have a child together as well, so it’s not a surprise. The two tied the knot on October 1, 2014.
8. George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin
Many people questioned whether George Clooney would ever marry. Well, surprise surprise, it happened. Of course, he’s also 17 years older than she is, but when you’re George Clooney, you kind of have your pick of the litter. The wedding took place on September 29, 2014.
7. Cheyenne Jackson and Jason Landau
The star from Glee and 30 Rock tied the knot on September 13, 2014 with a mixture of nature and elegance tied into the wedding theme.
6. Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
The famous actor from How I met Your Mother tied the knot with his longtime boyfriend on September 8. It was more of a secret wedding as Neil announced it to the world through his Twitter account.
5. Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg
The other Wahlberg and Jenny were married on August 31, 2014. While Donnie has appeared in a few minor movies and does not do as much acting any more (although he did have many of his New Kids on the Block friends at the wedding ceremony), Jenny does more modeling and still works on different television shows.
4. Dwyane Wade and Gabriel Union
The Miami Heat basketball star and the actress from Bring it On and Being Mary Jane married on August 30 in Miami.
3. Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo
The lead musician of Maroon 5 married in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on July 19, 2014.
2. Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
He’s the father of her child, so why not tie the knot?
1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
The two reported once that they would never marry until everyone in the country can marry. Apparently they couldn’t wait so they married in their private home in France.